COVID-19 ACTION STEPS UPDATE
UPDATED August 10, 2020
We understand the concerns and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Fourth & Hope is committed to working with Health & Human Services and community partners to ensure the safety and health of our homeless population, volunteers, associates, and community as a whole.
FOURTH & HOPE ACTION STEPS INCLUDE:
- The emergency shelter now operates 24/7 allowing clients to shelter-in-place. Beds have been spread throughout the building to encourage social distancing. New intakes are quarantined in a separate room for 5 days. Touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers are set-up at the entrances. Windows remain open and fans are stationed throughout the shelter to allow for air circulation (weather permitting).
- The F&H team cleans and disinfects frequently touched surfaces multiple times a day with EPA-registered household disinfectants. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Staff is screened before each shift, which includes a wellness and temperature check.
- To encourage social distancing clients enter and are screened at the front door. There are physical distancing markers throughout the shelter.
- The general public is served pre-packed, takeaway meals by the F&H staff, and instructed to eat off the premises.
- Clients and staff are instructed to wash hands or use hand sanitizer at entry and before meals.
- Individuals with cold/flu symptoms are reported to management; additional mitigation measures may be needed including isolation from others.
- Good hygiene practices have been implemented (e.g. cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of the elbow, and wash hands immediately).
We continue to monitor the situation and will provide additional guidance as needed. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our Chief Operating Officer, Amara Pickens at firstname.lastname@example.org.