COVID-19 ACTION STEPS UPDATE
UPDATED February 20, 2021
We understand the concerns and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Fourth & Hope is committed to working with Health & Human Services and community partners to ensure the safety and health of our homeless population, volunteers, associates, and community as a whole.
FOURTH & HOPE ACTION STEPS INCLUDE:
1. The emergency shelter operates 24/7 allowing clients to shelter-in-place. Bed capacity is at 70% to encourage social distancing. Touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers are set-up at the entrances. Windows and/or doors remain open during the day and air purifiers have been purchased to allow for clean air circulation (weather permitting).
2. The F&H team and clients clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces multiple times a day with EPA-registered household disinfectants. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
3. To encourage social distancing markers have been placed on dining room benches and beds.
4. Clients and guests are screened at the door, which includes a wellness and temperature check. Masks are worn at all times.
5. Volunteer cooks prepare meals off-site at the Mission’s commercial kitchen (Fourth & Hope’s former shelter). Individual meals are placed in to-go containers and are picked-up, transported to the new shelter on East Beamer Way, and served by Fourth & Hope staff.
6. Individuals with cold/flu symptoms are reported to management; additional mitigation measures may be needed including isolation from others.
7. Good hygiene practices have been implemented (e.g. cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of the elbow, and wash hands immediately).
8. We have recently partnered with Healthy Davis Together (HDT) for weekly COVID-19 testing for staff and clients. Results are received within 24-36 hours and are reported to the County Health Department.
9. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will be transported and quarantined into a Project Room Key location.
We continue to monitor the situation and will provide additional guidance as needed. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our Chief Operating Officer, Amara Pickens at [email protected]